Marseille appoint Beye as De Zerbi´s successor


Marseille have announced the appointment of Habib Beye as their new head coach.

The 48-year-old has signed an 18-month deal with the club just nine days after being sacked by fellow Ligue 1 club Rennes, following Roberto De Zerbi’s departure from Marseille earlier this month.

Beye took charge of 36 Ligue 1 games as Rennes boss, winning 16 of those (D7 L13) and averaging 1.6 points per game in the French top flight after his arrival in January 2025.

He also has previous history with Marseille, featuring for the French side as a player.

He made 128 appearances for the club after joining from Strasbourg during the 2003-04 season, while also helping them win the Intertoto Cup in 2005 and finish as runners-up in the 2003-04 UEFA Cup.

Marseille director of football Medhi Benatia told the club website: “The choice of Habib Beye as OM’s new coach is fully in line with our desire to recruit a coach with the leadership skills needed to take charge of a team that obviously needs to be re-motivated after a difficult period on the pitch.



Source link

  • Related Posts

    Saka on Arsenal’s shock Wolves slip-up as Arteta says Gunners ‘too emotional’

    Bukayo Saka felt Arsenal dropped well below their standards as they blew a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 with Wolves. The Premier League’s bottom side took deserved points off the…

    Man Utd planning fresh move for Liam Delap?

    News » Premier League news » Manchester United news February 18, 2026 20:13 GMT (UK), by Sri Aswin Delap to Man Utd back on? Manchester United could make a fresh move to land Liam…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *